Discover how today’s fashion industry is challenging perceptions and championing alternative ideals of beauty on the catwalk, in advertising, editorial and behind the camera. Recent seasons have seen the most racially diverse, size diverse and gender-inclusive fashion shows in history.
In this exhibition, examine how fashion creatives are embracing inclusivity and body positivity, exploring themes such as size, gender, age, race and disability. Learn how the industry is calling into question existing practice, and why becoming more inclusive behind the scenes will ensure a genuine reappraisal of contemporary ideals of beauty.
See pivotal looks from designers including Max Mara, Ferragamo, Ashish, Vivienne Westwood, Pam Hogg, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier, and hear from key influencers in the industry, from models and stylists to photographers, editors and educators.
The exhibition premiered at National Museums Scotland in 2019 where it received 59,000 visitors.
Included in the hire fee:
• Curation and concept by National Museums Scotland
• Administration and tour management
• Approximately 25 garments and supporting objects
• Custom made mannequins and mounts
• Exhibition crating
• Exhibition text in English and audio visual software
(films and interviews)
• Use of some images and film with rights cleared
• Available for tour from January 2022
• Requires minimum of 200 sqm (2000 sq ft)