Reinventing Reality investigates the science of virtual reality. Guests not only have fully-immersive VR experiences, but also learn in fun and interactive ways how human perception, tracking technology and digital models all come together to make imaginary worlds feel real.
The exhibition has five zones:
1. EXPERIENCE VIRTUAL REALITY Guests dive into fully immersive VR experiences.
2. REALITY OR PERCEPTION? Guests discover how VR uses—and sometimes fools—our brain to make the virtual world seem real.
3. CREATING VIRTUAL WORLDS This section includes 12 VR Experience Pods, and 6 STEM professionals are profiled in a series of short documentaries.
4. BRINGING WORLDS TO LIFE Guests explore how computers create and project 3D objects into the virtual and real worlds.
5. INSIDE A VR HEADSET Here we reveal how VR uses tools like cameras and gyroscopes to capture our body movements so we can interact with virtual environments.
40,000 visitors explored Reinventing Reality at Lawrence Hall of Science during its premier installation. We were delighted with the responses from kids, “I LOVE this exhibit, I’m coming back tomorrow!” and “This is so many levels of cool!” Parents also contributed, “I love science, and this is a wonderful example of what science is TODAY.”
Available Package Options
More Details About Technical Requirements
Shipping: Four 53’0” trucks.
Installation and dismantle period approx 10 business days each, exhibit supervisor paid by Virtual Science Center
Reinventing Reality includes a show control support laptop. Individual exhibits can be started up, shut down, and have their app relaunched via the computer management tool on the support laptop. The entire exhibition can also be powered on, shut down, and set to run on custom schedules through
the show control web interface, from any device connected to the exhibits network.
Past and Future Venues
Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley - November 2019- March 2020
Science North, Sudbury - June 2022 - September 2022