75 museum quality original posters, including 8 rare posters designed by museums for Lichtenstein exhibitions. Plus approximately 15 additional items / exhibits – rare collectables, magazines, catalogues, postcards etc. for exhibit in display cases. Considered to be one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in the world.
The art of Roy Lichtenstein (1923-1997) offers a prime example for the constant change of taste. The early rejection was soon replaced by curiosity and admiration, and today he is one of the most popular and sought-after artists.
More than seventy posters, published in more than 35 years, offer a survey of his art, from the early comic-strip scenes to the landscapes of his later years.
Artists’ posters are created by artists and not by designers. They demonstrate an individual style and regards artistic expression as more important than quick legibility.
Because this medium permits them to reach a wider public beyond the circle of their collectors and admirers, artists often select attractive and typical examples of their art for their posters.
Available Package Options
Collection and interpretation
Past and Future Venues
Fundación Canal, October 4, 2018 - January 5, 2019, Madrid, Spain
Grand Place, February 28, 2022 - May 29, 2022, Brussels, Belgium
EXHIBITION MATERIALS - High resolution images, captions, wall texts.
DISPLAY - Reguires approx. 130 linear meters (390 linear feet).
CHARACTERISTICS OF COLLECTION
- Geographic location of storage: Northern Europe.
- All works are shipped framed as per international museum standards.
- Collection includes the necessary international shipping crates and packing materials ensuring safe ‘nail to nail” transport.
- Collection is comprehensive, covering a substantial part of the artist’s body of work making it capable of serving as a stand-alone exhibition.
- Museum curators are provided with extensive information and may curate the exhibition to their specifications.
- Collection may be expanded or complemented with art from the borrowing museum’s own collections.
- Collection provides endless opportunities for the development of educational programs, which we can assist with.