Created by the award-winning Alchemy VR, Space Descent VR puts visitors inside the descent module of a Russian Soyuz spacecraft for a first-person ride previously experienced only by a handful of highly qualified astronauts. The descent is narrated by Tim Peake, the UK’s first European Space Agency astronaut.
Space Descent VR gives the public a unique opportunity to experience the 360-degree 3D view from inside a Soyuz spacecraft as it makes the dangerous 400 km journey back to Earth from the International Space Station, slowing from a speed in orbit of 25,000 km/h to land safely in Kazakhstan.
Space Descent VR is currently available in the Science Museum in London. The Science Museum Group is offering to license this exciting new virtual reality experience and provide support in the form of training and advice on implementation and operations. The experience can be supplied on a 4GB file that can fit in any device.
• A 13-minute VR experience narrated by Tim Peake
• A 90-second introductory video about operating the VR hardware
• Marketing package including high-resolution images and 2D trailer
• Further options around the narration and language can be explored on request
Available Package Options
More Details About Technical Requirements
- Dedicated space unaffected by noise - Stable and comfortable chair per viewer - Headset with sound (built in or headphones) per viewer - Large scale screen and sound system if introduction video is required