Imagine Exhibitions is the global resource for all things related to traveling exhibitions. From design and creation to placement and presentation, Imagine has the experience and inspiration to bring the best possible exhibition to any venue.
Imagine Exhibitions is looking for a new hire to join the sales team. This individual must possess a high level of marketing and sales aptitude, creativity, attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time. This position will report directly to the COO and Vice President of Sales and will support the sales team.
The Sales Manager will support and market the sales strategy for Imagine Exhibitions’ products to museums, science centres and other venues worldwide. The successful candidate will be resourceful, results-oriented and will specifically have the ability to:
- Develop clear, researched, targeted and effective sales plans to help the Sales team generate sales leads, create sales opportunities and gain new business
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities to expand existing markets and penetrate new markets or market segments though a constant and documented strategic watch
- Organize and attend tradeshows throughout the year
We are looking for an outgoing team player with excellent research, writing and sales skills. A minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry or in a marketing and sales environment is preferred. The position is in the Atlanta headquarters but could be open geographically to the right candidate, and requires approximately 10-15% travel domestically and internationally. Candidates must have a current, valid passport without restrictions for global travel.
The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Leading sales, promotional and communication strategies that enhance the visibility of Imagine Exhibitions’ products within his/her given sales region.
- Researching and identifying potential clients and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Cold calling potential clients and developing relationships.
- Supplying management with oral and written reports weekly on customer needs, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new opportunity development.
- Participating in industry trade shows, conferences, networking events, etc.
- Coordinating logistics for trade shows including booth rental, furniture, registrations, hotel bookings, programs, and sessions.
- Tracking eblasts to analyze and report on findings.
- Creating marketing and sales presentations for CEO and COO and Vice President of Sales for conferences and as needed.
- Developing sales and business development ideas for email blasts and hard mailings.
- Researching promotional ideas for b-to-b conferences, direct mailings, etc.
- Implementing agreed-upon best practices for sales and marketing materials.
- Managing the sales database: ensure accuracy of information, regularly update contacts and account information (currently utilizing ZenDesk).
- Performing a strategic watch on our market and communicate findings with COO/VP of Sales.
- Researching best practices for marketing materials and suggesting changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the COO and Vice President of Sales as requested.
- Five years of sales experience preferred
- Experience working in museums/science centers and visitors attractions, academia, or related industries, minimum of 2-3 years preferred
- A bachelor’s degree; masters preferred
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- Superior people and presentation skills
- A results-oriented work ethic with ability to negotiate and close deals
- Client-oriented with a service personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using contact management software (ZenDesk)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; with a valid passport and no travel restrictions
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a good attitude
Experience with the traveling exhibition, museum, attraction or entertainment industry.