The American Museum of Natural History, headquartered in New York City, is seeking a motivated individual to support the marketing efforts of the Global Business Development sales team. Current business lines include traveling exhibitions, intellectual properties, planetarium content, and licensing. We serve over 120 partner institutions on six continents. Distribution of this content fulfills the Museum’s mission to promote science literacy and education, creates increased visibility for AMNH and the sponsors of its programs, and generates revenue for the museum programs.
This position will work with the head of the department as well as other internal sales staff, operations managers, scientists and educators, and will also manage relationships with external partners.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage marketing outreach to drive sales to partnering institutions.
- Create and distribute monthly client e-newsletter and other targeted emails.
- Create sales materials including brochures, presentations, proposals, and departmental web pages.
- Update and maintain contact database, create reports and perform basic analysis as necessary.
- Coordinate attendance at partner meetings, trade shows, and other sales events.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions that can drive efficiency, profitability and value for the sales process.
- Research competitive products and industry trends, creating and maintaining research databases and presentations.
- Manage the development and implementation of support materials to enhance client marketing efforts.
- Manage review and approvals of client marketing and publicity materials.
- Serve as client liaison to support marketing and other non-operational questions.
- Manage internal review process for special licensing projects, track and chart progress, create project updates.
- Support the Global Business Development team in other ways as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a B2B marketing role required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing.
- Experience with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform, Salesforce or similar CRM, and eZ Publish or similar CMS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience with copywriting.
- Self-starter with ability to execute projects independently; excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Minimum basic graphic design skills; experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop).
- Experience in museum, non-profit, or educational industries a plus.