The polycentral museum is a new way of thinking about the purpose, practice and impact of museums working across cultural, geographical and political borders.
Our vision is museums as global leaders in promoting intercultural understanding through both their own practices and the rich cultural experiences they create for their visitors.
We offer a range of services aimed at growing the capability, knowledge and skills of organisations to work internationally and become global leaders in promoting intercultural understanding.
We can help your organisation become more effective in these areas:
• Adding value through museum/cultural diplomacy
• How to build strong international and intercultural partnerships and working collaboratively
• Intercultural skills for museum professionals
• Developing and hosting international/intercultural exhibitions
• Engaging audiences and evaluating impact
The services we offer include:
• Training workshops, seminars & webinars
• Talks and presentations
• Practical advice and tools
• Research consultancy
• Exhibition evaluation
Our work, which is grounded in both academic rigor and real-world research, aims to help museums operate more effectively in an interconnected, intercultural world, and achieve maximum impact at the local, national and international level.
Read more about our ideas, along with practical tools and advice, in our book “Cosmopolitan Ambassadors: International Exhibitions, Cultural Diplomacy and the Polycentral Museum”, published by Vernon Press, 2019.