Spanning moving image, installation, documentary, photography, video games and immersive digital experiences, How I See It amplifies eight Australian First Nations artists’ and filmmakers’ perspectives on representation, the gaze, colonial archives and knowledge systems.
Curated by First Nations Curator Kate ten Buuren (Taungurung), How I See It unveils five new commissions by Amrita Hepi, Jazz Money, Joel Sherwood Spring, Jarra Karalinar Steel and Peter Waples-Crowe, alongside works by Essie Coffey OAM, Destiny Deacon and Steven Rhall.
These eight creators consider how First Peoples have been historically represented on our screens as they also imagine alternate realities and limitless futures by placing Indigenous cultures and stories in ‘the now’.
The exhibition is humorous and heartfelt, showcasing works that use diverse materials and ideas to disrupt and reimagine, as well as expand the artists’ practice, supporting experimentation with new technologies and mediums.
Premiering at ACMI December 2022, How I See It: Blak Art and Film tours internationally from 2024.
VR and App Content
Film & Sound
Available Package Options
Collection and interpretation
High ceiling height
More Details About Technical Requirements
Contact Producer for more information on the technical requirements.
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Curation + exhibition concept
- Digital content, objects and installations
- Design: itemised content lists, 2D + 3D design concept and guidelines, exhibition text in English
- AV & ICT: All content provided on ready-to-play media players; select equipment and hardware for arcade cabinet and other bespoke installation works
- Marketing: comprehensive style guide and a selection of approved assets for tour
- License & Rights: for exhibition content, digital assets cleared for tour (excludes AV content)
- Merchandising & Publication: access to ACMI’s full colour exhibition publication
- Tour management & support: Expertise from ACMI Touring and First Nations staff, including remote support and training during installation and deinstallation