150 signed serigraphs, original watercolors, early advertising original acrylics.
Victor Vasarely is considered the leader of Op Art (opticokinetic art) a mathematically themed form of abstract art which was developed in the early 1960’s with an aim to stimulating the eye through the radical use of shapes and colors. Vasarely’s innovations in optical illusion and kinetic art have inspired many contemporary artists.
The collection reflects Vasarely’s ability to see the world through a prism, translating shapes and forms into a set of basic “art elements,” which he captured and then used to convey his messages through his stunning images. As a result, we too see in his works these universal elements and can easily identify with them.
Available Package Options
Collection and interpretation
More Details About Technical Requirements
- Geographic location of storage: U.S.A. (north-east). - All works are shipped framed as per international museum standards. - Collection includes the necessary international shipping crates and packing materials ensuring safe ‘nail to nail” transport. - Collection is comprehensive, covering a substantial part of the artist’s body of work making it capable of serving as a stand-alone exhibition. - Museum curators are provided with extensive information and may curate the exhibition to their specifications. - Collection may be expanded or complemented with art from the borrowing museum’s own collections. - Collection provides endless opportunities for the development of educational programs, which we can assist with.
Past and Future Venues
- Herakleidon Museum, November 11, 2005 - September 10, 2006, Athens, Greece
- Mattatuck Museum, February 18, 2016 - April 10, 2016, Waterbury CT, USA
- World Chess Hall of Fame, October 6, 2017 - March 25, 2018, Saint Louis MO, USA
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, December 1, 2018 - February 24, 2019, Wausau WI, USA
HIGHLIGHTS - Signed serigraphs, original watercolors, early advertising original acrylics.