Imagine Exhibitions, a pioneer in global traveling entertainment and immersive experiences, is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee a segment of the company’s exhibitions as they are created, in transit, installed, operating, and removed. This person is client facing and works closely with many internal teams.
The Project Manager will be responsible for one of the company’s large-scale touring exhibitions. The ideal candidate has 5-10+ years of experience in producing permanent and/or traveling exhibitions for the entertainment, attractions, or visitor-serving industry. A successful candidate will communicate well across multiple teams, juggle multiple projects simultaneously while enjoying working in a fast-paced, growing company.
Seeking a pro-active self-starter who is highly responsive, able to work independently and to prioritize his or her own work. Must possess a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and a desire to work with a company full of passion and fun. A successful candidate will have a can-do attitude and understand that at Imagine Exhibitions, our team members are the “secret sauce” to our success.
- Project manage the overall requirements for traveling exhibitions in the categories of design/layout, procurement, fabrication, install, removal, operations, etc. Note: these exhibitions travel approximately every 6 months to different venues around the globe.
- Create and maintain relationships and liaise with venues, museums, promoters, and partners as lead contact.
- Coordinate floorplan approvals between Design Department, Operations Department, Retail, and Marketing Departments.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the overall budget and schedule (macro and micro level) for all activities pertaining to the exhibition.
- Maintain effective and efficient communications with external and internal teams.
- External teams would include clients, partners, curators, fabrication vendors, graphic vendors, AV and lighting vendors, insurance carriers, logistic companies, and host venues, etc. Coordination with internal teams includes the departments of Production, Creative, Design, Operations, Retail, Sales, and Marketing.
- Manage internal meetings, coordinate, and communicate on the project between internal teams.
- Manage the effort for any off-site activities that relate to the moving of the exhibition as well as manage the on-site exhibition build and deinstallation coordination.
- Manage any new builds/addons for the existing exhibition (fabrication, technical coordination, shipping, etc.) as well any new fabrication for future shows.
- Ensure design integrity is maintained during fabrication and installation phases based on original design intent.
- Provide creative leadership during design, fabrication, and installation to ensure adherence to brand, IP and to Imagine Exhibitions design standards.
- Work closely with the Imagine Senior Production Manager to coordinate all shipping logistics and production activities.
- Create and manage collections and content lists in coordination with the design team as relates to the current show and future shows.
- Facilitate the procurement of exhibition parts; create and maintain supplies list.
- Work with Creative department on coordinating the printing, reprinting of exhibition text materials as necessary, for existing and new venues.
- Manage process for invoices from contractors, crew and outside vendors for approvals and submittals to accounting Department.
- Develop, manage, and maintain the consumables lists for exhibit elements and work with Operations Department and venue to ensure supplies are being properly provided and maintained.
- Oversee and manage the process for submitting documentation for review and approval both externally and internally.
- Create and manage budgets for the Exhibition for build, install, load out and others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.