85 Museum quality original posters; considered to be one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in the world. Plus approximately 20 collectibles / exhibits from the Haring “Pop Shop” for exhibit in display cases.
Keith Haring emerged as the shooting star of the New York art scene in the ‘80s. Becoming world famous almost overnight, his simply drawn ﬁgures were soon to be found on watches and cars, T-shirts and shopping bags, turning Haring into one of the best know artists of his generation.
Between 1982 and 1990, Haring designed around 85 posters. These included advertisements for exhibitions of his own work as well as cultural events or political issues. Haring’s drawings themselves incorporate the clear cut lines and reduced features needed for effective posters, which have to stand out and be understood at a glance. The uni-colored backgrounds help to make the outlined ﬁgures and drawings even clearer. The content of the advertisement is apparent in the illustration — the text being of secondary importance.
Haring’s colorful posters, with their precise pictorial language, direct messages, and universal appeal, still exert an incomparable fascination on us to this day.
Paintings Drawings & Prints
Available Package Options
Collection and interpretation
More Details About Technical Requirements
EXHIBITION MATERIALS - High resolution images, captions, wall texts.
DISPLAY - Approx. 130 linear meters (390 linear feet).
CHARACTERISTICS OF COLLECTION
- Geographic location of storage: Northern Europe.
- All works are shipped framed as per international museum standards.
- Collection includes the necessary international shipping crates and packing materials ensuring safe ‘nail to nail” transport.
-Collection is comprehensive, covering a substantial part of the artist’s body of work making it capable of serving as a stand-alone exhibition.
- Museum curators are provided with extensive information and may curate the exhibition to their specifications.
- Collection may be expanded or complemented with art from the borrowing museum’s own collections.
- Collection provides endless opportunities for the development of educational programs, which we can assist with.